Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Good Grits!

Elisabeth may not be growing up in the South like I did but she sure loves her grits! This morning I made some cheese grits for myself. I was not intending to share. They kids had already eaten. I gave Elisabeth a taste and she couldn't eat them fast enough. I thought I would cut her off (so I could eat the last 2 bites) and she got SO upset. I was stunned (and had to grab the camera). I ended up giving her the last little bit but it was not enough. She was furious when the bowl was empty!

Elsie really, really upset because I told her "That was all".

Elsie crying because I am not feeding her. Look at that sad face!

Look at those big tears. (I love this picture because it shows off her bottom teeth.)

"Ah, finally!"

Elsie is signing "please" and saying "yum, yum, yum" (which is her tongue moving in and out rapidly as she is saying "um").

Elsie is mad at the empty bowl.

This is one very, very upset girl. She needed her paci, blankie and lots of cuddling after this heartbreak.

9 comments:

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

I want a bite. I've never had grits. Seriously I might start crying.

The Coatney's said...

poor baby! that's why i eat the good stuff in the laundry room where none of my kids can find me : )

Anonymous said...

ah...poor thing. At least she was using her manners! :)

Carmom said...

Poor thing. But I love how you got the sequence of event captured.

The Earnhardt Family said...

Wow, who knew grits could be so good. I see a great bargaining chip in that future!

Shirley Casey said...

Cute! I love it! I love the pics you got of the whole event. :O)

wife.mom.nurse said...

Came by way of Beth's blog. So glad I did, what a wonderful series of pictures.

I wish I blogged when mine were a bit younger...I would have grabbed the camera for this type of photo op often!

")

Julie

Ellen said...

I'd like to try grits sometime. It must be good if Elsie gets that upset when they're gone! This is especially funny after seeing her tongue in action after we were over for dinner!

Heather said...

What adorable pix Jane Anne. I also love how you got the whole series. I think I have only had grits a few times as my dad grew up on them too and I was never a big fan, but.... Cheese grits? That sounds delicious. What kind of cheese?