Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Photos


These pictures were taken yesterday at the barber shop. Our boys had not had haircuts for quite some time. We had been attempting to cut their hair at home. Dad's haircuts were not being met with enthusiasm and so they were happening less and less frequently.

This is probably one of the-- if not the-- last time I can take pictures of all of my boys getting haircuts. I believe Jonathan was a bit embarrassed. Seth also seemed embarrassed to take pictures (I had to have him snap the ones of David).

A little haircut history: David HATES to get his haircut. It is really, really rough. He doesn't like getting hair all over him and he doesn't like the trimmers (especially anywhere near his ears). We bring him an extra shirt so that he can change as soon as his hair is cut. Momma stands next to him and holds his chin. This is to help calm him and to try to keep him still. Our current barber (Dennis) commented yesterday that David is improving. It is true. He has a long way to go but he is a lot better than he used to be. He didn't cry and scream much. As soon as he was done, he was as happy as he could be. Right after the haircuts, we walked across the parking lot to the grocery store and each boy got to pick out some candy. (This was the bribe from the beginning...in part because we wanted to encourage good behavior and also because the barber hands out quarters for candy at the candy machines...machines that have dangerous candy like reeces pieces.)

Without further rambling, here are the barber shop pictures...











Check back soon- I am planning on posting some 4th of July photos.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thank you and my gag reflex thanks you! ;)

Jessica said...

Oh the haircut horror--Jackson also HATES the hair falling on him and most of all the clippers. We wouldn't take him to the beauty shop for years because he would just scream and scream. It was really really terrible for a while. I think he's finally grown out of it (I hope). Haircuts still aren't his "thing" but at least we can get them done. We would bribe with a "new toy". Candy sounds like a cheaper deal! :)

The boys are so adorable...

cbogie said...

Those are good lookin' boys, too! Y'all went to the same barber Eli did - great place!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love that Jonathan and Emma are the same age because I get to compare. Emma is starting to get embarrassed by her parents too! :) Not yet by Aunt Amy...but I bet it'll happen. ;) Those pictures are wonderful. Of course, Emma and Addie love getting their haircut, especially if they get bows...and they are pink. I can see Elsie being the same way. :)

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Adorable photos...I dread taking my 1 year old boy to the barber