Saturday, February 21, 2009

Painful Medicine

David had 2 warts on one of his thumbs. I recently asked for tips and suggestions on what to do about the warts. I am happy to say that on of them is gone! It was at the bottom of his thumb nailbed. Because of the location, it was pulling away from the nail and aggravating him. Last week he accidentally knocked it off. It really hurt. He was upset and needed lots of comforting. We soaked his hand in warm water. He got a band-aid of choice.

I didn't even wonder what he hit his hand on.

He was really proud to tell Seth about it when he got home for work.

Seth: "David, your wart is gone! How did that happen?"
David: "Daddy, it came right off when I punched Thomas."

7 comments:

breaking free said...

so I haven't seen the advice given you, but even in my medical textbook I saw the suggestion of duct tape! Ha go figure.

Carmom said...

Okay, LOL. Though I feel bad doing it.

Anonymous said...

Painful for David AND Thomas. :)

The Earnhardt Family said...

Yeah. I forgot to tell you about the punching idea for getting rid of those darn things!!

Kimberly said...

oh my goodness that is too funny!

cbogie said...

You SO can't make this stuff up, can you?!?!

Anonymous said...

Jane Anne....we have had this problem when my son was younger....I don't know what advice you've gotten and this is going to sound crazy, but it worked for us....take a ballpoint pen and draw a circle around the wart everyday...crazy I told you....we also had success with the duct tape...good luck....patti b.