Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Her 1st Shave


The other night, Elisabeth decided to shave.

She shaved a little too close and called my name in a panic. I met her in the hall. Her hands were covered in blood. Blood was all over her chin and on her neck. It was messy.

Turns out, it wasn't a big cut. It was just on the bottom part of her lip, which is a very sensitive part to cut and it bleeds a lot.

When I asked her about it, she said she was "trying to shave like Daddy."

She also said she is never going to do that again.



Side note: It's interesting to me that not one of my boys has ever tried to shave. Or, maybe they asked and I said, "No". She didn't ask, which makes me wonder about her desire to achieve (for a lack of a better way to put it).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her facial expression really makes the picture! Ian's step-dad has a prosthetic foot and his little sister used to pretend at night to take off her leg just like daddy!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Oh no! Poor little sweetie!