Monday, March 31, 2008

That's One Great Pacifier

Thomas still loves his pacifier dearly. He is only allowed to have his "Paci" at naptime and bedtime. He has to leave his Paci upstairs in his bed. Seth and I think he is too old for a pacifier (which is highlighted by how big he seems now that Elisabeth is here). We are considering cutting him off cold-- and I imagine that will be really rough for everyone. This past week we visited friends in Washington. By the end of the week, Thomas was getting away with more Paci time. This morning, he came downstairs with his Paci. I took the Paci away. He begged for it back. I decided to try to talk to him about why he wanted his Paci.

Momma: "Thomas, can you tell me why you want your paci right now?"
Thomas: "BECUUUUUUZZZZZZ... I LOVE JESUS...
(quieter voice) ...and my Paci."

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

so the question everyone is begging to ask is this ---- did he get the Paci back after that exquisite answer?????
inquiring minds want to know!

Jane Anne said...

His answer caught me so off-guard. I laughed and then just handed him the paci. I just couldn't help it!

Jessica said...

That is so cute! I asked Sasha the other day if she wanted to marry a price and she said, "No, I'm gonna marry Jesus". At least our little ones loves Jesus!! :)

Carmom said...

We've had paci issues too until just recently. We finally cut Abby off cold turkey except we gave her fair warning telling her on her 4th Birthday we were saying goodbye to paci. She never looked back. It's been wonderful.

I loved his answer. I probably would have given it back too.

Carmom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
John and Carrie said...

Well, that is one of the benefits of having a child who uses a pacifier versus sucking fingers or thumb--at least with a pacifier you can leave it upstairs or stop cold turkey! (hard to do that with fingers!)
:-)
Of course on the flip side, when they are babies you don't have to worry about them dropping or losing their pacifiers if they suck their fingers.

Kristi said...

In South Africa, they leave these things (bottles, pacis, and lovys) out one night in the yard or near a tree for the monkeys. They claim the monkey's babies need them and it is now their turn. Ha. Not sure what kind of varmits you have out there in Oregon, but I bet you could come up with a good story. If you do, then please share.

Kristen said...

You ought to have the Paci Fairy come! The Paci Fairy gives really good prizes! Aaron & Ryan both got tricycles from the Paci Fairy, just for leaving their pacis in a sock outside their bedroom door.

It's too bad there is no Thumb Fairy. That's who Hayden needs a visit from.

I had a friend who went to Mexico on vacation, and they were hiking through the jungle, and her husband got so sick of the paci (I think it dropped onto the jungle floor), he pitched it into the jungle, never to be seen again. The boy is 6 now, and still talks about how the jungle took his last paci. Traumatized, he was. ;-)