Monday, July 12, 2010

David's First Sleepover

July 4th marked David's first sleepover at a friend's house. He has stayed with family and friends that we consider close enough to be family. This was the first time he spent the night with a buddy of his.

I spend a lot of time thinking about "letting go" with David due to his severe peanut allergy. I imagine things like sleep-overs and summer camps and I instantly feel nervous. His first sleep-over was great- for him and me. Of course, the very first time I met his friend's mom we discussed how she has a niece with a severe peanut allergy. There's no doubt about it, knowing she knows how to care for someone with a food allergy made all the difference in me getting a good night's rest that night.

Here's David and his friend Luke before the sleepover.


The next day David said:
"Momma, I had too much fun to think about missing you much."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

doesn't it just make your heart smile to know he had that much fun...sweet...patti b.