Monday, February 11, 2008

House of Pancake Sharing (HOPS)

Welcome to HOPS. What's mine is yours, and what is yours, you'll share with me. Weird night last night; David woke up with a bloody nose around 2 AM. Janey and I both took care of him. Somewhere around 3:30ish (?) Jonathan crawled into my side of the bed and said his belly hurt. I mumbled and went back to sleep (very dangerous considering what Thomas had been doing the last few days.) Anyway, he woke me up a little while later saying it still hurt. We (Jonathan and I) got up and I grabbed some children's pepto and a glass of water. He said it was hurting really bad so I thought he's gonna do #4 (thanks Leigh Ann). So, about the time he pulled his pants around his ankles I realized the lasagna from dinner (delicious by the way) found another way our of his body! I thought, "Hmm, I guess I could pull his pants up." He says, "Daddy, I think I should pray some more. It worked before so, I'll pray now." And he did. Afterwards he told me that when Thomas was sick, he prayed that Thomas would get better. I talked to him about the possibility that he would still be sick even after he prayed and that we should pray that he is a good example for other people when he is sick; that he should act like God wanted him to act. So we prayed again. Then he woke me up around 5:15 to puke again. He threw up, sat down on the stool and looked at me and smiled. He said, "Daddy, I like that you are growing a beard!" with both dimples showing (for Jonathan, that means he is REALLY smiling. He washed his mouth out and went back to sleep with a great attitude. He's such a great kid.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not, by the way, growing a beard, I simply neglected to shave over the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Ha!

I just yelled across the house, "Hey Josh! Seth is growing a beard!" And Josh said, "IS he? WOW!" Then, two minutes later, "Sorry. Nevermind. He's not growing a beard." And Josh sounded disappointed.

If you can bring SO much joy to Jonathan's life, that it's blinding even through sleep-deprivation and stomach virus, I say you owe the child a beard!

Kristen

Kimberly said...

So sorry to hear that your passing the flu bug around. It's great to see that Jonathan is keeping such a great attitude.

Anonymous said...

Beards make you cooler man!

Anonymous said...

Ok, now OUR house is the "House of Pancake Sharing", and by "house" I mean "car" and "lap", and, of course, by "Pancake" I mean "Cheeseburger".

Kristen

Kimberly said...

WOW!!! You all just keeping your pancake sharing to your respective states and leave us Washintonians out of it, k?
Please, I beg you!!!