Saturday, May 17, 2008

6 months old

Elisabeth is 6 months old today. I can hardly believe it. She is a sweet little girl. As it should be, I am totally biased. She is loved and adored by the boys. She is also totally entertained by them. She is starting to get around a bit by rolling. If you put her down, she immediately rolls onto her belly. Then, she rolls over. She repeats this until something blocks her movement. Elisabeth is attached to a knit blanket (that I suppose we should name). One of Seth's mom's friends (actually, it is cool, Ann was really Seth's mom's mom's friend) made Elisabeth the "security blanket." The girl has to have it to sleep! We have tried to substitute other blankets because she has a tendency to chew on this one and nothing else will do. And, if she is fussy, just putting the blanket next to her head will often calm her down. Elisabeth is eating baby cereal now. She started off with Rice cereal but I switched her to oat cereal this week because she was having trouble digesting it. She takes a pacifier right now. She doesn't wake up needing it. She always wants something in her mouth when she is awake. If she doesn't have a paci, she will be chewing on something. She loves to grab her feet and chew on them. The cutest thing is (and this is going to be hard to describe) if you move her chin up and down, she will make noise (baaab baab baaaab). Okay, yep, that's impossible to describe. Take my word for it, its adorable!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

I can't wait to get my hands on her! Six months is my favorite age! We are almost down to 5 days now!

John and Carrie said...

She is beautiful!! She looks so healthy. I love her smile.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!! It seems like yesterday you announced that you were prego!! Where does the time go....? It's so fun to look at your pics and see a perfect ballance of you and Seth. Happy 6 months!!

leigh ann said...

I'm so glad you reminded me about your other blog. I always forget to check this one. I have missed some amazing pictures along the way! I love the ones with your folks. Yours looks like a very fun, wild and crazy household! That little girl of yours is going to be well protected, I think. :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous...that's all I can say. :)