Tuesday, May 26, 2009

California Cowboy

This came completely out of the blue and caught me off-guard. This is a 30 second conversation with Thomas, my 4 year old with the attitude of a 500 lb gorilla.

Thomas: "I don't want to be in this family anymore."
Daddy: "What?" <--- see? completely off-guard
Thomas: "I said I don't want to be in this family anymore."
Daddy: "Oh. Well, what family do you want to be in?"
THomas: "Hmmm. Well, I don't want to live in this state anymore."

at this point I think he's either going to tell me he wants to move back to Washington, move to Tennessee or Alabama. There really are no other choices. Except...


Daddy: "What state do you want to live in?"
Thomas: "California."

I didn't see that one coming.

Daddy: "What family will you be in in California?"
THomas: "I want to be a cowboy. I'll live with the cowboy families."

in California.

2 comments:

John and Carrie said...

Awww...that is so neat. He should have said that 2 years ago, though, so that he could have lived with us in California.

Kimberly said...

thomas and i are SO ON THE SAME PAGE!!!! ;-D